Saturday, May 1, 2010

Coping

Things are weird right now. One of my flatmates is gone. She left for the States on Wednesday. It isn't that I miss her, I mean, I didn't really get to know her so I can't exactly miss her, but it is the fact that she is gone. Her experience in Edinburgh is over. In 4 weeks my Edinburgh experience will be over too, and I think her leaving made this all the more real.

Because I only have 4 weeks left I should really try to enjoy my time in Edinburgh, but right now all I can think about is finals, Finals, FINALS. I already turned in my final paper for Genetics, Nature, and Society, so now I just have to focus on my Molecular Cell Biology and Biotechnology exams. They are on May 12th and May 13th respectively, so you would think that I wouldn't be too worried. Wrong. I am worried. For both exams I will be given 5 questions of which I must answer 3, and these 3 essay questions (which I get 40 minutes to answer) are worth 65% of my grade. Three measly questions determines my grade, telling you whether I successfully "learned" all the course material. What is driving me slightly more crazy, however, is the fact that I have 11 days. Eleven days during which I have to study. I would rather a short time to study and have it be done with, but instead I have to wait 11 days for my impending doom. I suppose I should try and look on the bright side, I have a lot of time to study, but that really isn't helping this rain cloud over my head to disappear.

Once my exams are over (which seems so far away) things will be great. I'll be done, my brother will come to visit, and we can enjoy all the lovely things Edinburgh has to offer. For now I am coping by watching Lizzie McGuire and eating lots of chocolate. Tonight's chocolate dessert is a Double Chocolate Swiss Roll which I bought at Tesco for 38p. When I was standing at the fattening cakes section trying to decide the best way to block my arteries I heard a girl talking about the Swiss Roll. She said when she was younger she use to get them and eat them right out of the package, biting the end off until she had consumed the entire roll. Sounded good to me.

I will update about my Spring Break travels later, when I am in a better mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment